Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!!

HELLOOOO EVERYBODY!! DO YOU KNOW WHY I'M SO EXCITED!?!?

"Because tomorrow is Thanksgiving?!"

Oh wait, tomorrow is Thanksgiving?

"Yes, Houze it is."

OH COOOL.

"You didn't know that?"

Well, I did, but that's not what I was going for.

"Okay, then why are excited?"

I GOT COOOOFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEE!

"OH, Houze! Get out of here!"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
__________________________________________________________________


Hello, everybody! I'm back with another post. Today, I am sooooo excited. I can't wait for tomorrow!!! Tomorrow people across America will be gathering around the table with their families. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, parents, and brothers and sisters will gather to have a meal together. It's an exciting time of year, where some of the families favorite foods are brought to the table. We love and are thankful for the time we get with them.

It's a special time for me to sit down and reflect on the year. It reminds to be thankful for all of the things that happened throughout the year - good or bad.

A lot of things have changed in my life since last November, both good and bad. Either way, it's a great time for me to celebrate being able to live another year. With that being said, I am going to be telling you a little bit of history as far as the first Thanksgiving goes, then I'll tell you what it means to me personally.

In 1620, people from England came to America on the Mayflower, this ship carried roughly 100 people. The people landed in Massachusetts. According to, an eyewitness Edward Winslow, who was part of this first Thanksgiving in 1621. The first Thanksgiving was actually celebrated sometime between September and mid-November, and it wasn't called "Thanksgiving." Instead, it was a feast celebration, that lasted 3 days. It was a celebration of having a good harvest, as well as being able to survive the harsh winters in the new world and diseases that killed about half of their group.

It was important to the new settlers as well as the Natives to give thanks to God.  There menu probably didn't have the traditional foods that we have today, like potatoes, turkey, pumpkin pie, and whatever else you may have. Instead, it's believed they had venison, or deer as their meat along with many vegetables and fruits. By the late 1600s it became tradition in New England to celebrate, giving thanks to God for a good harvest.

(All information plus more can be found here: First Thanksgiving History.)

Now, that I've given you a brief history of the first Thanksgiving. I'm going to dive into what the day means to me.

1) It's a time for me reflect on what has taken place over the last year.

It's important to me to take some time to just sit down with my thoughts and in a way, step out of this world and think about the past year. Now, I also do this at the beginning of the year, but this is where it begins. I think about all of the things that have happened and begin to remember to be thankful for them. It's important to be thankful all of the time, but it's good to have a reminder to be thankful, since life can get a head of us sometimes. In Psalms 26:6-7 says:

6) I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD: 
7) That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

2) It's a time to spend with family and friends and creating memories.

I love being able to spend time with my family and friends. I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my family (extended family) for over 5 years, since moving to another state far a way from them. However, we have spent Thanksgiving with a few friends from church over these last 5 years. I have so many memories on Thanksgiving. Let me tell you, I have some stories, but I won't bore you with them. It gives you a deeper appreciation for the people in your life. I don't know where I would be without the people in my life.

3) THE FOOD, DUH!

Let's just say, I'm a food fanatic. I love food. I love the smell of the rolls baking. I love the pumpkin pie with whipped cream piled high. It's all good! The turkey - MMMMMM! Yeah, thank you Mr. Turkey for your sacrifice. I may eat too much (and I do), but personally I think it's worth everything.  It's just SOOOOOOOOO good!

I'm just in love. I can say that Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday after Christmas. 


***Bonus*** The fact that we get to decorate for Christmas the next day and on Saturday (usually). Some years we do it a little bit earlier or later, depending on what we decide to do. I actually already decorated my room for Christmas. Last week I helped my mom decorate the living room, and on Saturday we're hoping to put up the Christmas tree. It's very tiring to decorate, but I love the results.
________________________________________________________________

It looks like that's all for this post. Thank you all for reading. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving 2019!! Let me know in the comments what's your favorite part of Thanksgiving is, along with 1 thing you're thankful for. I'm thankful for the family I have and that they showed me how to come to know Jesus Christ. I'll see you all next week!! BYEEEE GUYSSSS!!

By the way, I'm not really sure why this post is in two different colors, (gray and black), when I typed it. It was in black, but for whatever reason it shows up two different colors and I can't fix it for whatever reason, so I'm sorry!



Today's Encouraging Quote: 

I'm blessed with everything I need. I'm working hard towards everything I want. And most of all I appreciate & thank God for what I have. - Unknown. 

Today's Bible Verse: 

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 15:57 (KJV)

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91