Wednesday, February 26, 2020

When You Feel Like God is Done With You...

Hello, everyone!

"Greetings, Houze!"

It's nice to see you all today.

"You too!"

Even if I woke up like this?
















"That's not what we were really going for, but hey, I guess it works."

Aw! You really mean that?"

"Yes!" :Smiles and secretly chuckles:

YAY! You guys are so nice!

:Whispers: "The joke is on her."

__________________________________________________________________

How was that for an intro? I'm trying to bring the crazy intros back. Also, you may have noticed I was on my backup for that photo. My membership expired and to avoid losing all of my looks I got on my backup. I am going to be renewing my membership on the 1st. I think that's enough talking now. Let's get into the post.

Today we're going to looking at a time in Peter's life when he felt like God was done with him. You probably know the story. You may have found yourself in the same story. I know I have. The story takes place in 33 AD, when Jesus was being led away to die, for ALL man's sin. (Matthew 26)

Jesus knew that Peter was going to deny Him. In fact, He told Peter that he was going to deny Him.
Telling him, "Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice."
Peter was warned to, "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." However even with the warning from Jesus Christ himself he still fell. 

There are times in life, when we want to be pleasing to the Lord, following Him. We can see that Peter, wanted to please the Lord. He didn't want to deny him saying, "Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee." We can see this in the previous chapters, when he was walking and following Jesus. However, sometimes we fall. We fail. After all, we are human. We are sinners.  The temptation is there to do wrong - to deny that we know Jesus.  

When we do wrong we see the damage that's done. It can seem so big, that you begin to think that God is done with you. That God can't use you anymore. You know you've hurt Him. This is why the Bible adds a nugget saying, "And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly."

The fact that Peter went out and wept bitterly, showed that he was mad. He was mad at himself. He couldn't believe what he just did. He couldn't believe that he was so bold to say that he wouldn't deny Him, and yet within hours he did exactly that. 

I'm glad the story doesn't end there though. That's not the last thing we hear about Peter. Fast forward a couple of books, to John 21 where Jesus is having a personal conversation with Peter. Jesus asks Peter a very important question. "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?" It's interesting to me that he uses "Simon, son of Jonas." To me it sounds like when a parent is upset and says your full name to get your attention. 

At this moment, Peter had to come face-to-face to who he really was. Sometimes, we have to come face-to-face to who we really are and why we did what we did. The truth of the matter, is God loves you. He wants to use you. He can use you even when you mess up. The next words that Jesus said to Peter were, "Feed my lambs.

Peter had a purpose in his life - to spread the gospel and feed the flock of God. Even though, Peter may have messed up and denied Him. He still wanted to use Peter. God wasn't done with Peter, and He's not done with you. 

Each one of you have a purpose in your life. God has a plan for your life. God doesn't want you to not fulfill that plan, but you can, if you think God is done with you.  God is not done with you. He's not done with me. 

I've had to learn this lesson recently, as I thought since I haven't been writing like I should. (As I know I'm called to write.) I thought maybe God would just give up on me, since obviously He couldn't trust me with the thing He gave me - a talent for writing. I haven't given up, and by God's grace I won't. I know what I am to do. I know God is not done with me!

*Quotes in blue are from (in order as written): Matthew 26:34; 26:41; 26:35; 26:75; and John 21:15*

__________________________________________________________________

Looks like that puts a bow on this post. Just remember God is not done with you yet. He does have a plan for your life and it may just take some time for Him to reveal it.  I love how God is teaching me lessons. I love being able to share them with you all. Thank you guys for joining me today, and I'll see you all in the next post. For now, goodbye!!!!!!!! 


Today's Encouraging Quote: 

God has it all figured out. He will make a way when you don't see a way. - Unknown

Today's Bible Verse:  

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. - Hebrews 12:2 (KJV) 

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91