Thursday, April 26, 2018

I'm So Sorry!

Update:
My parents are signing the papers for our new car! It’s a gray 2018 Chevrolet Cruze! It’s super nice, and is a really good price. My parents are signing the papers right now. Everyone has been super nice, and the sales lady is actually a Christian. It’s been a really cool experience. ^.^



Heeeeeey guys! Graciepopstar91 here, with an apology, and an explanation. XD

First of all, I'm suuuuuper sorry about my lack of posts. Pretty much all of it has just been procrastination, but also we've been so busy this week.

We started getting really busy on Friday. Friday was my moms birthday, and we went out to lunch, and then went to a clothing store. Then that night we had Bible study, and we always get out of Bible study around 9:00 or 10:00 PM.

Then on Saturday, my grandpa came into town to spend the weekend with us, since Friday was my moms birthday! We had plans to go out to lunch and then go shopping, but it didn't really go according to plan. We got in the car to head over to this pizza place we wanted to go to for lunch, but the car wouldn't start. Thankfully, we got this handy-dandy little phone charger, that also has plugs on it to jumpstart your car. We jumped it, then headed over to the pizza place. After lunch, we got in our car to head over to this outdoor mall, but the car wouldn't start again. We jumped it yet again, and my dad figured out we needed a new car battery. So mom called the place we got the car battery from, then headed over. Thankfully the car battery was under warranty though. There's a mall attached to the place we got the battery from, so we went in there and shopped a bit. They got it done pretty quickly, then we headed home. Buuuuut we noticed the check engine light was on in our car.

On Sunday, we just had church and my aunt came over, but we're all super tired on Sunday's, since we have to get up really early. So because of that, and since my grandpa was over, I didn't post.

I can't even remember what happened on Monday... XDD

Tuesday we just had Woman's Bible study, and that was pretty much it. My dad went to the movies that night with a guy from church, but nothing exciting happened then. XD

Then Wednesday. We left the house around 9:30 AM to go to me and my moms eye doctor appointment. When we came to the eye doctors, I had to use the bathroom, so we asked the lady at the front desk where it was. She said it was out of service, so we'd have to use the bathroom at one of the businesses near the eye doctor. We went into a sporting goods store, and the cashier said that it was in the very back of the store in the shoe department. So we go back there, and mom goes into a place that says 'Employees Only'. XDD Someone sees us, and asks if we're looking for the bathroom. He redirects us to an area two doors down from the place we were in. After that, we went back to the eye doctor and we go back for our appointment. After they did the first round of tests, they had me read the letters from the screen to test my eyesight. Well, everyone reads English left to right, right? For whatever reason, I was reading the letters right to left. I have no idea why. XDD I was so embarrassed. After our eye appointment, we went and had lunch at Whole Foods. Then we went over to visit my parents friends mom who's in rehab, recovering from pneumonia. Then we went over to the bank, Starbucks, then to buy flowers at the grocery store. Then we took the flowers over to a lady in our church who was in labor! We went around 3:00 PM, but she had her baby around 7:30 PM last night. ^.^ After we visited her, we decided to go to the car dealership, because hot air was coming out of our vents. We went over, and they said they were closing soon, but we could get a rental car and leave it over night. We decided we'd just wait and take it in later in the week. We headed back home, but then the car started overheating. We flipped back around, and headed back to the dealership again. We got a rental car, left it in the shop, and headed back home.

Now today. We had to go to Costco, but right before we were going to leave the guy from the car dealership called, and said to get everything replaced it would be almost $4,000. We got a different rental car, and extended the date on it till Monday, so we can get some stuff figured out, and since it will be until tomorrow till they figure out exactly what's going on. Obviously, we can't afford paying $4,000 dollars in repairs for an old beat-down mini-van. XD So, we're going to need to get a new car. It'll be kinda sad seeing it go, but after all the problems we've had with it, it probably won't be too bad. Not as bad as Cherry. Ehehehe.
I think..
Meep I might cri.
So..
PLEASE DONATE YOUR MEMORIAL MASTERPIECES TO GRACIEPOPSTAR91. :D

It was a light blue Hyundai mini-van...

Not my picture, found on Google

---

Even though all these car problems haven't been fun at all, but God's been getting us through this. As Paul said in 1 Peter 1:6 (NIV),

-

 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

-

We need to always rejoice when we face these sorts of things. They may be difficult and stressful, but no matter what, we should rejoice. Why? Because God is still with us through it, and somehow, someway, it will work out in the end.

---

What has your week been like? How have you seen God working through it? Or, how have you seen God work through previous experiences? I'd love to hear your stories!

---

God made you. Uniquely. Beautifully. Intentionally. Purposefully. Wonderfully.


P.S. I also must apologize to Purplesnowie, Housemom418, and Housemom322. To Purplesnowie, I completely spaced editing you a picture for winning the Scripture egg hunt! I'll try to work on that when I get some free time. And to Housemom418 and Housemom322, I'm so sorry I still haven't read your stories from the story contest! Hopefully when all this slows down I'll be able to get on these. I'm so sorry you've had to wait for a while!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a week you've had. Oh it's no trouble at all Gracie! I get it! It's fine. ;) my week has been boring though. We had TNReady all week. In case ya don't know (cause these tests are called different things in different states) TNReady is pretty much just the big ole' state test we take every year. So my week was boring. Welp, that's my life for the week.
    Purplesnowie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91