Thursday, March 7, 2019

God's Plan Is Greater Than Yours

I think almost all of us have a plan in our heads. A plan of how we want our life to look. We could have just a general idea of what we want to do when we grow up, or we could have our whoooole entire life planned out (I think of that all the time, hehe). And really, that's not bad at all! I think all of us are wired to do that. We're all wired to dream, it's just who we are.

But in the big picture of life, our dreams are so small compared to God's. God has a crazy bigger plan for your life than you could EVER imagine. God says in Isaiah 55:9,

-

As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

-

God's ways are higher than ours. His thoughts are higher than ours. When I'm thinking about the future, sometimes a thought will come into my mind. A thought that says, "Maybe that's too big. Maybe that's not possible". But then I can hear, "Don't limit God". Don't ever limit what God can do. Because God can do more than we could ever think of. Matthew 19:26 says,

-

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

-

This is one of my favorite Bible verses! It reminds me that nothing is impossible with God. My dreams may be big, but God's dreams are even bigger. Absolutely nothing is impossible. I need this reminder every day.

Maybe your thoughts are the opposite of this. You don't know what your future is going to look like at all. You don't know what you're good at. That's okay too! None of us know exactly what our future will look like. But God does. Keep doing whatever you're passionate about. Maybe that's art, maybe it's writing. Keep on doing it. Keep doing what you're passionate about for God's glory, until you know how to use it in the long run.

For me, I love songwriting. (Probably like no one knows that, because I don't ever talk about that). I have big dreams of how God might use that someday. So I'm not going to stop doing that. I'm going to keep doing that, because I know His plans are far greater than mine.

So, in short, don't limit God. Keep on dreaming big. Keep doing what you're passionate about. God's got your whole future in His hands. His plans are so much greater than yours.

1 comment:

  1. You like to write songs? Very cool!
    Nice post, short but sweet:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91