Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Power of a Second Chance

Hello, guys! I am actually writing this post a little early! You know thoes New Year plans I said I wanted to do, yeah, I stuck with them for about 3 weeks. Anyway, I came up with this when talking to a friend, so we shall get right into it.

In the Bible we see many examples of people getting second chances. For example, the Isralites. When they were in the desert, God wanted to kill them all and start over with Moses. (Exodus 32 and Deuteronomy 9:7-29) However, Moses said to God,

"...LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever." - Exodus 32:11b-13

(I said 11b, because I did not quote the first part of the verse, hence the '...' in the beginning).

God changed is mind in verse 14 which says, "And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people."

You see in this story, God gave these people a second chance. He decided not to kill them all and start over with Moses, yes, they still ended up dying in the wilderness, but their children got the opportunity to go into the promise land.

Our family or friends also deserve second chances. We are all humans; we all make mistakes. It's that simple. I know it can be hard to forgive, but really, it's important to give them a second chance. I am sure you've hurt many people before, who you may not have known that you hurt. Why? They gave you a second chance. They decided to move forward...because they've also been given a second chance. 

In Matthew 18:21-22 says, "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."


Lastly, YOU'VE been given a second chance. As humans, we're born in a sin-cursed world, with a sin nature. We're born after Adam, who sinned. However, there is great news, though we were bound for hell, Jesus Christ made the ultimate sacrifice for sin. We no longer have to go to hell, but you have to make the choice to be given that second chance at life. You see, when you choose to accept Christ as your Savior, we call that being "born again",  we get this from John 3, verse 7 which says. "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

No matter where you are, who you are, and what you've done, you can be given another chance. The great thing is, is that God gives more than a second chance.

I would like to say this, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior yet and would like to do so.

1) You must ADMIT that you're a sinner. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned , and come short of the glory of God;" We are all sinners and are in need of a Savior. We are in a sin sick state. Jesus Christ is the Doctor, the Physician, that can connect us back to God, wiping away our sins, like they were not even there.

2) You must BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 15:3b and 4 it says; "..how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" This is what you have to believe Jesus Christ did, for YOU, so that your sins could be forgiven, getting that second chance.

3) You must CONFESS Christ as your personal Savior. Romans 10:9 through verse 13 tell us this; "

9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

We confess with our mouth by praying. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and would like to. Just ask Him to save you the best way you know how, maybe something like this.

"Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner. I know that I am on my way to hell, but I'm putting my trust in you. I believe that you died for my sins, was buried, and rose again the third day. I am asking you to save me and become my Savior today.
In Jesus name, I pray, Amen"

I hope that you have already accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, but if you haven't you can today! Don't wait, please. You never know when your last day may be. 



Today's Encouraging Quote: 

The gift of language combined with the gift of song was given to man that he should proclaim the word of God through music.  - Martin Luther 


Today's Bible Verse: 

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. - Lamentations 3:22 and 23 (KJV) 


Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.


2 comments:

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91