Friday, November 17, 2017

The Bibliophile Tag! (so many books!)

Hey Jammers, Arctic here!

Now, I know a lot of people have done the Bibliophile tag recently, but I really would like to as well! It seems like such a cool tag to do, and since Gracie tagged me, I'll be doing it as well!

Here we go~!


The rules:

- Give the person who tagged you a never-ending supply of cookies - HERE YA GO GRACIE! 10,000 BOXES OF MAPLE COOKIES!
- Answer all the questions and use the blog graphic for this tag somewhere in your post - Done!
- Pass along the tag to at least five other people - I'll certainly try!
- Wear a sweater (okay, this is optional...but why wouldn't you want to??) Aww dangit, gotta go get changed!

Alrighty! I got my sweater on, Gracie is probably buried in maple cookies by now, and I'm ready to go! Let's do this!! *intense music begins*


FUZZY SWEATER (A BOOK THAT IS THE EPITOME OF COMFORT)


Hoom hoom... I have to say my book of Children's Poems. I've had it for as long as I can remember and so many of my great childhood memories involve that book. I still read it today! I'll see if I can find a copy online!
Here we go, same cover and everything!



STRIPED SWEATER (BOOK WHICH YOU DEVOURED EVERY LINE OF)


Agh there are multiple books that fit this title... I have to say... One of the Harry Potter Books or one of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books. I got the entire Harry Potter series for my birthday, and finished the entire first book that night - I couldn't put it down!! As for the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series, it used to be my favourite book series back when I was in Grade 5. I remember loving the second book - the Journey so much!


 UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER (BOOK WITH A WEIRD COVER)


Book with a weird cover... Book with a weird cover... I always thought that the Golden Tree (part of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series) had a weird cover. It always scared me, and that was one of my least favourite books in the series too. Coincidence? I don't really know!



CASHMERE SWEATER (MOST EXPENSIVE BOOK YOU'VE BOUGHT)


That'll have to be all of my fully-illustrated editions of the Harry Potter books! Each one cost me upwards of $40 Canadian with some being around $55 on amazon! Luckily, I was able to get two of mine for $27 canadian and one for $40. This is very expensive, but considering it's full colour, hard cover, very large, and that I live in Canada- it's understandable!



HOODIE (FAVORITE CLASSIC BOOK)


Hmmmmmmmmm.... Difficult difficult! There are many wonderful classic novels I've read! Sherlock Holmes... The Further Adventures of Lad... Lord of the Rings... To Kill a Mockingbird... In the end, I have to say The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery takes the cake. It is such a simple, beautiful story, and warms my heart.



CARDIGAN (BOOK THAT YOU BOUGHT ON IMPULSE)


Hmm! The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer would be one of them. I saw the title, saw the cover, was fascinated, and bought it without really being certain if I'd like it or not. At the time, it was an on-going series (it's complete now). I've read every book and loved them all!


TURTLENECK SWEATER (BOOK FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD)


Ack! The poems book I mentioned earlier is definitely one of my favourite books from my childhood... Another one would be all the "I Spy" books! I used to spend my evenings after school in elementary trying to find everything with my Dad. Ah, memories~! The one in the photo is the fantasy edition- one of my favourites!


HOMEMADE KNITTED SWEATER (BOOK THAT IS INDIE-PUBLISHED)


I'm not sure if I can find it on the internet, but an indie Canadian poet was under my mom's care decades ago in the hospital once, and she gave my mom a signed copy of her latest book of poems. I found this book, and loved it immediately! It's full of beautiful poignant poems that really speak true to the Canadian prairie. Aha~ I found a picture!




V-NECK SWEATER (BOOK THAT DID NOT MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS)


The last book of the Land of Stories series really didn't meet my expectations. It was an excellent series, and a good book too, but I was rather disappointed by the end. I really felt like more could have been done with it, especially since I enjoyed the rest of the series so much! Maybe the book before it raised my expectations a little too high, haha, as the second last one was my favourite!



ARGYLE SWEATER (BOOK WITH A UNIQUE FORMAT) 


Frankenstein had a very unique format, though I don't recommend any younger folks to read it until they're older because of the subject matter. I had to read it last year for Grade 10 English and it was very interesting! It's written in a format that's called a Frame Narrative (which basically means it's a story inside a story)



POLKA DOT SWEATER (A BOOK WITH WELL-ROUNDED CHARACTERS) 


Harry Potter, Harry Potter, oi oi oi! Man oh man what a fantastic series. The characters are believable and you can empathize with all of them to some extent - even if they're an antagonist! The character development is spot on, and so is the storyline and- I could go on and on!


Phew! I think that just about covers it! Looks like the font got a bit messed up in places... Whoops!

Who to tag.... It seems like most of the people I know have already been tagged! Whoever wants to do this tag, then, you are now welcome to do so if you haven't already! I'd love to hear your answers!

That's all for today folks, see you soon!



2 comments:

  1. Screeee you read the Guardians of Ga'hoole too :o YAY XD
    I think I read up to book... 6? I don't really know, want to read the rest of the series though, haven't found them anywhere yet though, sadly XD
    Uh yes
    That cover
    is creepy
    *shivers*
    Awesome post Arctic! :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - creepy creepy!

      Thank you Sarah!

      - Arctic

      Delete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91