Sunday, May 7, 2017

Shaman's Vs. Alphas, And Soon To Come!

Hey Jammers! graciepopstar91 here with another post!

Very sorry for not posting on Thursday. I was having some anxiety that day, and um- lazy to post I suppose.

---

But today, I'm going to be doing a slightly different than normal post, and will be comparing some of Jamaa's old 'history', to the current 'history'!

The 'history' I'm comparing in today's post, is Shaman's vs. Alphas. What's a Shaman you might be wondering?

Credit to animaljamarchives.com
These are Shamans. Look familiar?

Alphas used to be called Shaman's, back in the Beta Day's. But they had to rename the Shaman's, Alpha's, because of what the word, Shaman, really means..


Y-y-yeah.. They no longer called the Alpha's, Shaman's, because it means someone who controls spiritual forces, foretell the future, and things like that. This is against a lot of peoples beliefs (including mine). I believe this is also why AJHQ pulled Headdresses out of stores, because Headdresses are an Indian thing, and the Indian's have some different beliefs, so I believe they wanted it out of Animal Jam.

Now, let's take a look at what Alpha means,


Definitely better than Shaman, and really describes the who the Alpha's. They're leaders, and for sure not 'fortune tellers' and such.

I'm very glad AJHQ re-named the Shaman's, Alpha's, due to religious beliefs.

But the question is, why did AJHQ name the Alpha's, Shaman's, from the beginning? A puzzling mystery, but in the end, they did the right thing with re-naming them.

What do you think about all this? Be sure to comment down below!

---

And now for the second part of this post!

As you may or may not know, I write for Arcticstar's blog, Animal Jam Community, and on Tuesday, I will be posting a very special post, about the Wild Explorer's star, Cami Carver! 

The post will be about Cami Carver, when she was battling Leukemia. I think it may be the hardest I've ever worked on a blog post, and I encourage you all to read it on Tuesday if you can.

At the end of the post, I will be having a giveaway you can enter! 

Hope you enjoy the post on Tuesday ^.^. 

---

Heres todays Bible verse!

Psalm 3:3

But you, OLORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

Remember, God made YOU!

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the Tuesday post! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am also glad AJ changed the name to Alpha. Although, maybe they had first thought the Alphas WOULD act like Shamans. I have no idea.

    Oooo, I don't know why but I just love Cami. (Not in a weird way, believe me) She is just so brave to go through leukemia at such a young age and she is just so... Okay, this sounds weird but to me, she's kind of an adorable kid. ;) Someone I'd like to talk to, ya know? ^.^ (Please don't take this in the wrong way. o.o)

    I will be to sure to read the post on Tuesday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. No idea o.O

      Not taken the wrong way XD! I know what you mean. After learning about Cami, I really admire her. I'd love to talk to her as well :D She's so amazing.

      Thanks, Lost!

      Remember, God made YOU!

      Delete
  3. Il make sure to read that post! I never realized that's why they changed the nameXD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Gracie! IT'S MEH! You don't have to pick me, but I want to tell you-- you are such a good friend! Love ya! (as a friend)
    -sy27444

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are the person who is in all the famous jammer videos lol

      Delete
  6. I just discovered this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! It may be too late to comment but I did some research about this just to see if there were some other Christian players out there to relate with. I absolutley love the game and SOME of the lore. But I also believe they are taking it too far in implying that Mira and Ziros are our creators and we were given heartstones (relics that contain our souls) to ensure our freedom. Game would sell better if they were king and queen instead of god and goddess. I am hoping maybe one day they will be contacted by someone suggesting this change in lore, and things will feel more acceptable to all players. Old and new! How do you personally feel about what they are currently doing with the adventures? I might play it just for the gifts, but the concept of Trials of Zios makes me weary lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91