Wednesday, December 19, 2018

There's Power In The Word (Part 8)

:Stands up tall: Good morning, everyone.

"Good morning houze! You're in a good mood today!"

Yes! Life is so good!

"Oh Houze! You're always so positive"

It's good to be positive. 

"You're right."

__________________________________________________________________

I am really sorry about last week! I had Finals all last week, so that put me a little behind. Then, Wednesday came...I woke up feeling perfectly fine. By 12:00 PM I had a sore throat and fever of 101.8! I was miserable. So that's what I've been up to over the last week, or two. XDD

We should probably get into today's post, but first I want to focus your attention on why we celebrate Christmas. It's in 6 days and I'm so excited! Yes it's a time of family and gifts. I think even us Christians can get carried away with getting and giving to others, that we forget about giving to Jesus Christ. You may be asking yourself "What can I give to Jesus Christ?" The greatest thing you could give is your thoughts, your time, your obedience. So take some time to think about that. I know I definitely will be. Gracie, made a great post on the true meaning of Christmas. It can be found here.

Okay, so for today's TPITW post, we are going to be going over verses 57 through 64, which say...

57) Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words.

58) I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word.

59) I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.

60) I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.

61) The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law.

62) At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.

63) I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.

64) The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.

Okay, so we are going to be focusing on verse 64. 



This is an incredible verse, when I really looked at it I was taken back. We look around and see wickedness all around us. We know that God doesn't like wickedness. So why do we see it? 

As humans, we are sinful. We all know that, but God extends His mercy anyway. I looked up what mercy meant as a way to get a deeper understanding. It means, 

compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm. 

God is merciful.  He shows mercy even when we don't deserve it. As Jesus was upon the cross He could have said "Father, wipe them out for they've forsaken me." Instead He said something completely different! He said, "...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..." - Luke 23:34 

What an amazing thing for Jesus to say! He showed mercy on His Creation, even though they killed Him. He had the power the punish us, but He didn't, instead He showed forgiveness. 

The only reason why we can get the gift of salvation is because of His mercy. The mercy He showed and continues to show on a hourly basis. 

For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. - Psalms 86:13  

God's mercy is great and great to show mercy to others. I think it's something we forget. The people around us are people just like we are people. They mess up, just like we mess up! 

A person may do us wrong, but we can show mercy towards them. We should be forgiving our sister and brothers in Christ. It's something we're commanded to do. Ephesians 4:31 and 32 says,

31) Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

If you don't show mercy to a person, it puts unnecessary guilt on you. All you have to do is forgive, because God forgave you of ALL! 

_________________________________________________________________

I wanted to say this, if I ever offended any of you. I am sorry. If you've offended me, I forgive you. I truly forgive you. It's not something I think about anymore. It's behind me. To those I've offended, I pray that you could show me mercy. I am human. I mess up. Please forgive me. 

Challenge: 

Search your heart. Ask God to show you someone that you can show mercy to. If you have a problem with another person, get it right. Ask them to forgive you, because it's obedience to God. Remember, how I said that could be a great gift to give Jesus this Christmas? It is! 

Today's Encouraging Quote:

When God has selected you, it doesn't matter who else rejected or neglected you. God's favor outweighs ALL opposition. You are a winner! - Unknown. 

Today's Bible Verse:

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. - Proverbs 9:10 (KJV) 

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91