Wednesday, January 30, 2019

No More "There's Power In The Word..."







________________________________________________________________


Okay, so the last past few weeks I've been debating with myself if I should continue with my "There's Power in the Word" series. The last 2-3 posts I haven't enjoyed writing. I feel like I am saying the same thing over and over again. Don't get me wrong there is so much in that passage, but I took too much upon my self. It got boring for the readers and  for me as the writer. (I talked to a friend who said she stopped reading it). It was good for the time being, but now it's a new season in life. It's time to move on. I may come back to TPITW in the future, I don't know, but for now I am stopping the series. I hope you all understand. 😉


With that being said, I am still doing my Christian posts every other week, but it will be on different topics, not limited to one set of scripture. Today, I am going to be talking about something I've been thinking about the last few days...












 WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN?

I am currently reading a book called In His Steps by Charles Monroe Sheldon. Well, technically listening to it, since it's an audio book, but whatever. In this book it proposes the question "What would Jesus Do?" Now, it seems simple, but it's easy to understand. What would Jesus do?






We are a testimony to a lost a dying world. Are we really showing them what it means to be a Christian? We are to be showing this world what it means to be a Christian. I am guilty of calling myself a Christian, but not acting like one. I want to do better at being a Christian. 
Recently, I've seen a quote that said...


To be a Christian it means to have Christ in the fore front of your mind. To have a relationship with Jesus Christ. It's not about going to church. It's about being real and authentic. Having Christ is the most important thing in this life. If we can give that to others, that's a wonderful gift. 


__________________________________________________________________________

That is all. Let's ponder on the question "What would Jesus do?" As we make decisions each day.

Today's Encouraging Quote: 

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie Ten Boom

Today's Bible Verse: 
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. -Isaiah 40:31 (KJV) 

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.


  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, I am glad you enjoyed. I may come back to it, like I said I didn't enjoy writing for it anymore. I felt like I was repeating myself over and over again. You may see more of it in the future; I am not sure yet though.

      Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

      Delete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91