Wednesday, January 2, 2019

There's Power In The Word (Part 9) + Plans For the New Year!



(A special thanks to my sister for allowing me to try something new with my intros...)

__________________________________________________________________

So, I figured I would start this post of by saying, "HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!" I am really excited about this year. I mean, I don't know what it's going to bring, but last year was a struggle, so I am kind of glad that it's over.

This year I want to focus on planning my post, instead of waiting until the day of, which tends to make them seem a bit rushed, or at least I feel that it does. With that being said, I have some really fun things coming up in the future! I hope y'all enjoy that as much as I do! Anyway, that's the plans for this year, so let's get into today's post!



Today's passage is Psalms 119:65-72!

65) Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word.

66) Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.

67)Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

68) Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.

69) The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.

70) Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.

71) It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

72) The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

Our power verse this week is going to be verse number...







CAN YOU GUESS!?







ARE WE THERE YET?







NOT QUITE YET, PEOPLE!







ALMOST...







ONE MORE TIME...







VERSE NUMBER...







71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDD I have no idea why I did so many, it just felt right, okay? 


Which says, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes."

Now, I know what you're thinking...






Yeah, you're right, but I want to look at a few other verses, that talk about affliction. It all begins in Genesis chapter 15, where God gives a prophecy to Abram (who later becomes Abraham). Verse 13 says. "And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;"   

If you are not familiar with the Bible, at the end of Genesis we see Jacob and his family, including Joseph are all in Egypt. In the beginning of Exodus we see that a Pharaoh rises up, who is very harsh with the the people, who are decedents from Abraham. They were slaves in the land of Egypt. Now you are probably saying...



Well, I am glad that you asked! You see the Israelites, suffered much in the land of Egypt. However, they were able to experience God's power in ways they wouldn't have been able to otherwise. They got to see the parting of the Red Sea, the manna coming down from heaven, and all the plagues that broke out in Egypt before leaving.

I say all that to say this: When we go through trouble, trails, and affliction, we are learning and seeing things about God we would learn and see otherwise! It's truly amazing the relationship you can have with God, when you're going through something that you just quite don't understand. 


Enough talking about that verse, let's go onto a few more. 

2 Corinthians 1:6 states, "And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation." 


We endure hard times so that we may help other people, who are also going through the same problem as you. We learn how to be comforted by Jesus Christ, while going through things, but sometimes it's just good to be able to talk to some else who knows your pain. That's one reason for suffering. 

However, while we are going through these times we must remember that it's only for a moment. Soon this life will be over and so will the problems. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says, 

16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.


17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

There will be a day when you're rewarded for your suffering, until then just keep going, because it's far better. He will deliver you one day. 

2 Timothy 3:11 - "Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me."

Another thing that affliction does for us is: It helps us with being patient. James 5:10, says.

"Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

Implying that it's important to have patience, which when you think about it is. 


Now for the last verse, "And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended."

 This is Mark 4:17, which is in the midst of the parable of the sower. There are many lessons in this chapter, but the lesson her is that if we're not careful we too, can become offended when they come. It's important to talk to somebody, if you feel overwhelmed. Go to Jesus, ask Him to increase your faith and strength. I would hate to see you get out of trusting God because you're offended when a problem arises. 


__________________________________________________________________

That 's it for today! I really hope you find this encouraging as I did. If you are going through something and would like some prayer, please let me know. I would be more than happy to pray for you. You don't have to tell me what it is. God knows what it is, so let Him know. 


Today's Encouraging Quote: 

"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrows, but only empties today of it's strength. - Charles H. Spurgeon.   

Today's Bible Verse: 

And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. - Matthew 21:9 (KJV) 


Remember, the friend you have is Jesus Christ.
 

 

 

  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! The hardest thing is to keep them. It's not that hard to say that you're going to do something, it's keeping those plans that are the hardest. So hopefully I can keep it.

      Delete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91