Wednesday, September 26, 2018

There's Power In The Word (Part 3)

Hello everybody! :Waves violently:

"Hey there, Housemom322."

Hola, me nombre es Housemom322.

"And now you're speaking Spanish?"

SΓ­! ¿CΓ³mo estas?

"Umm, can you translate?"

:Flips through Spanish 1 notes: Yes! How are you?

"We're waiting..."

I did. It means Yes! How are you.

"OHHH, Well maybe you should stick with English then."

Okay, I will stick con inglΓ©s. (with English)

"Get on with it already, please."


_________________________________________________________________

Okay, I'm not exactly sure how my intro became a Spanish lesson, or how it relates to today's post, but any who. It was interesting enough, so watch me flip through my Spanish notes. So, it another Wednesday, and that means I post! Last week I posted about What I want to do when I get older, you can see that post HERE.  That means this week we are working on Part 3 of TPITW! Here we go...

So on to the Scripture, in this part we are dealing with verses 17-24. As always all references are from the King James Version.

17) Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.

18) Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

19) I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.

20) My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.

21) Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments. 

22) Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies. 

23) Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.

24) Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.



Our power verse is going to be...























πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰VERSE 18πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰


In the first part we started our journey in Deuteronomy, well today we are going to go back even further, to figure out what the word "law" references to.  The first time "law" shows up is Exodus 12:49 (As far as our context goes. The real first time is Genesis 11:31, but it's talking about a daughter-in-law.

Here is a few verses before and after, to give us the context of our story to begin with.


47) All the congregation of Israel shall keep it.

48) And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.
49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

50)  Thus did all the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

From the context of Exodus 12:49, we see "law(s)" are the commandment, that Israel shall keep. That makes sense in what we are reading over in Psalms 119. As I have said before, the main theme of Psalms 119 is God's word - The Bible. 

Here David, is praying that God would open his eyes, that he may see and observe the things in the law of God. This can still apply to us today, every time when we open our Bible.

Over in Hebrews, we read, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." in chapter 4, verse 12.




The Bible is living, it's know humanity. It's knows our nature; it know our heart and thoughts. With that being said, it reveals to you who are.  To get the most out of the Bible we should be asking the Holy Ghost, to reveal the areas we need to work on in your life. This is how your eyes are opened. 

Isaiah 34:16 says, "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them." 

When we ask God for our eyes to be opened we are seeking the book of the LORD. Basically, I gave all those verse to say this: When we the Bible, we should pray first. That's how our eyes become open to God's words.


That seems to wrap up this week's post. I do have a challenge for you all.  

Challenge: 
Continue to read your bible from the previous challenge, but this time spend at least 5 minutes each time you read, in prayer asking God to reveal to you the things he has for you scripture. 

Last TPITW, post challenge was to try to read your Bible everyday, even if it's just a chapter and to memorize at least one verse. 

Unfortunately, I struggled with this challenge myself. I read September 14, 17, 18, 19, 22, and the 26. I did not memorize any verses over the last two week. You can see even I fail at times, don't be discouraged if you don't complete the challenges. They are there to help you to get closer to God, if you don't know where to start. It's a guide. 

Click here for part 1, or here for part 2.

Today's Encouraging Quote:

To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing. - Martin Luther 


Today's Bible Verse:
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14 (KJV) 


Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91