Wednesday, September 12, 2018

There's Power In The Word (Part 2)

Good morning? Afternoon? Evening? OHHHH wait I know what it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Okay, I know that was really random, but that's what came to mind, so I ran with it. I mean it is someone's birthday, somewhere. Anyway, this week we will be going through verses 9-16 in Psalms 119. At the end of this post, will be the link to the first part, so if you haven't read that yet, head over there and be sure to read it.


Let's get into the passage! (All scripture is from the King James Version)

9) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

10) With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

12) Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.

13) With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.

14) I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.

15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Today's Power Verse is going to be...













 
A little look into my Bible...XDD













VERSES...9 and 11, we'll touch on 10, but these are the main two. 

So in verse 9 we see a question. "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?" Along with the answer right after it.

How do we cleanse our way? by taking heed to God's word. Heed means to pay attention, careful attention. 

As Christians we are to pay careful attention to the Bible. We should never take the words He's given us lightly. Verse 11 gives us a clue as to why; we should pay close attention to what God has to say. 

We should because it's helps us from sinning. We cleanse our heart with God's word (John 17:17) This is how we are sanctified, simply meaning set apart for God's use.

As Christians we are called out from this world and it's pleasures and called to do something greater. We're called to make a difference in eternity. In our own lives, and in others. The things of this world are wrong and we are supposed to keep ourselves from the worlds ways, ideas, and actions. We do this by being in the Bible on a regular basis, renewing our minds. (Romans 12:2) 

If we know what the Bible says about sin, then we will be guilty for sin when we do, because we know it's wrong, but we make the ultimate choice to go ahead and do it anyway. (I really hope this is making sense) 

That was a lot for verse 9, so I'll keep verse 10 and 11 short. Verse 11 says, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Like I said before, it's so we don't sin against God. The way we keep it in our heart is by memorizing it! We may think it's hard or boring to memorize the Bible, but we memorize songs, phone numbers, and addresses, so why can't we memorize verses? It really comes down to if you want to, or not.. 

 I struggled with memorizing verses, then I found out I could make into a song. That changed things for me! I also have wrote the verses in my room on paper, so when I woke up, sat at my desk, or walked in the door. I was forced to see them. It only takes a few minutes a day, you'll know a lot of verses by the end of month, year, or life.

Verse 10 explains, that David sought for God, so that he would not wander from what God had said.
  
Challenge: 
In the next two weeks, try to read your Bible everyday, even if it's just a chapter. Just try to get into it. Also, I would like to challenge you to memorize at least one verse. It can be anything. 

Last challenge was to write at least one thing God has done for you. I wrote two down, which are here.


So yes, I participated in the challenge too. I learned that God even cared for me in the little things, even when it came to my guitar.  Let me know if you did. If not, you can join on in this week's challenge. 

Also, click here, for the first part.
Today's Encouraging Quote:
Be BRAVE! God gives His hardest battles, to His bravest soldiers.  - Unknown

Today's Bible Verse:
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. - Proverbs 11:14 (KJV) 

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91