Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bible Verses About Fear

Helloooo everyone! I hope you're having a great weekend so far!

Today I'm going to be super busy, so I decided instead of one of my devotional-style posts, that I would just post some Bible verses.

I wanted to post Bible verses about fear. Housemom322 did an excellent post about this very thing, fear. (You can click here to read it!) I almost didn't write this post, because I was having a lot of anxiety, and wasn't sure if I wanted to focus on blogging or not. Fear is such a crippling thing, and so many times it feels impossible to get rid of. Most of the time I'm nervous about a particular thing, but other times it's just for no reason at all.

Fear can have so many negative "side-effects". It sometimes will give me a headache, makes me feel nauseous, or tired. I can get so worked up about something that isn't even a reality.

During those times, it can be hard to remember to just simply look up. To look up, and focus on God. The only One who is bigger than every fear. Normally when I feel overwhelmed, I can forget to look to God. I always want to dwell on the fear, instead of dwelling on God.

I don't know where you turn when you have fear. Maybe you go on blogs, and if you do, I encourage you to just take a few minutes to read these verses. There's power in God's Word. Remember to look to Him above all else.

(All Bible verses are from the NIV translation)

---

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Joshua 1:9

 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Luke 12:22

Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.
Matthew 6:25-34
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendorwas dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Psalm 34:4

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

---

I hope these Bible verses are encouraging! Sorry that the font went all wacky, if I copy and paste text from another site, it changes the font... Hm.

If you want to read more Bible verses about fear, click here!

I hope you have a great week! :)


3 comments:

  1. I thought this was a good follow up mine! Great job, Gracie. You also mentioned a few verses that I mentioned, my favorite, being Psalms 34:4

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91