Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Bible and a Fearful Society

Hello everybody! So here we are, it's March 6th, you all know what that means right?

"Umm, it's March 6th?"

"No, no silly! It's more than that. It's our annual focusing on God month.

"Oh yeah, that!"

I decided at 2 o'clock this morning when my dog had me up, what I was going to write today. It's something that's close to my heart, because I've struggled and continue to struggle with it...

What is it you may ask?

Well, it's a four letter word. That has an A, E, F, and a R in it?

Can you guess what it is yet?

Okay, Okay, I'll tell you. It's...




F

E

A

R



We live in a society that is always anxious about something. We fear a lot of things. You see fears is something that we learn. Children don't typically have many fears. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing to have fears, but it's when those fears control you is where we get into dangerous territory. 

One of my favorite verses on fear is Psalms 34:4,which says. 
"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Like I've said, I struggle with fear, especially fear of failing. I never intend to fail at the things I fail at, so I tend to go along with things that I know I'm good at. 

For example, some of you may know that I've written a book. (This is not to promote my book in ANY way). I was scared in the beginning to publish it, why? Well, I feared that it wouldn't be good enough, or not editing it well enough, before it was published. I feared that I would fail at writing. It's simple. However, I took that fear to God. I told Him exactly what I was feeling and why I was feeling it. I had many people encourage me along the way, but the main reason why I followed through with the publishing process, was because I believed God called me to write. 

It wasn't about my confidence in writing. It was about what God wanted me to do. Yeah, I still have fears on writing about certain things, one being my most popular post "Why So Dark?" However, if I take it to God and it's what He wants then I have nothing to fear. 

There is, however, one thing we should fear, in a more constant way. That is, God himself. Throughout the Bible we are told to fear God. However, it's not the kind of fear that never goes to God. It's the kind of fear you have to keep you in line. Having the fear of God, protect you and keep you from sinning. Here's a few verses to prove, what the fear of God in your life will do for you. 

Exodus 20:20, which is right after the giving of the 10 commandments. "And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces that ye sin not." 

Deuteronomy 4:10 says, "Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.  

We are also told in Psalms 19 verse 9 that, "The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORDS are true and righteous altogether."  

There's many verses in the book of Proverbs that say what the fear of God is and will do...

1) Beginning of knowledge. (Proverbs 1:7)
2)  To hate evil, pride, arrogancy, the evil way, and the froward mouth. This is basically saying to hate the things that God hates. (Proverbs 8:13) 
3) Beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10) 
4) Prolongs your days. (Proverbs 10:27) 
5) Strong confidence (Proverbs 14:26) 
6) Fountain of life. (Proverbs 14:27) 
7) Riches, honor, and life. (Proverbs 22:4) 



I think that is about all for this post, but I wanted to close out with something a little special. A little over a year and half ago, I wrote a poem on fear, entitled "Fears." I thought maybe y'all would enjoy it. 


 Fears

Fears are small, but strong.
They stop you from doing so many things.
You feel like everything you say is wrong. 
God will make a way; He always has.
You'll get nervous as the people throng. 
You can't seem to get pass these feelings. 
You can't stay like this for long.
God is so much stronger than your fears.
You've needed to give them to Him all along.
People need to be bold for Christ. 
You must not stay here for long.
You are stronger than your fears with God. 

© 2017 Housemom322



Today's Encouraging Quote:

Stop beating yourself up. You're a work in progress, which means you get there a little at a time, NOT all at once. - Unknown.



This is also something I needed to truly hear, or should I say read?



Today's Bible Verse:

  And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. - Mark 4:9

 
Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

  1. You wrote a book!? :O Can I have the link? I'd love to read and order it sometime ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post! I especially have trouble with fear, and this post was really encouraging!
    partyon25

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to unscramble the letters and I couldn't get it at first until I saw that it said fear XD You wrote a book and it got published?? THATS SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91