Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Top 5 Verses and Songs

Hey Guys!! I am currently on vacation, but hey, I'm up while parents are just relaxing, not doing too much. I am over here in my hotel bed typing away. That's sounds like so much fun, I know! Anyway, since we are vacation this is going to be a shorter post. Since, Gracie did a top 5 favorites of her favorite songs and verses. In this post I am going to be doing the same thing.


Let's start with my top 5 songs.
5)

What If I Gave Everything
Casting Crowns



This is a very challenging song, but I love it. It's also by one of my favorite CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) artist. Okay, I am not much of a CCM person, or follower...SORRY GRACIE! Anyway, I will continue. 

4)

Why Should I Worry 
Becky and CT Townsend

  

Well, this song kind of speaks for itself. This song along with the next one got me though a really hard time. Why should I worry, when God is always near. It's just so good!



3) 

When The Lights Go Down
Joseph Habedank 

 


At first I didn't really care for this song. However, I really started to listen to it and the words. I then listened to the story of how this song came about. I immediately fell in love!
Basically, this man sang with a Christian group called the Perrys. However, the man he was while he was singing, was not the man he was singing about (meaning Jesus). 


2) 

Sheltered By His Grace
Assurance Trio




I love this song, because I have the privilege of singing this song that actually speaks my life. There are some songs that are less umm.uh...what should I say, maybe less meaningful? This song, I feel is more geared to people who are raised in a Christian home from the beginning. 


1) 

What Never Changes
The Clark Family 


 


I AM SOOOOOO GLAD THAT I LEAN ON JESUS, WHO NEVER CHANGES! 
 That's all I am saying about this song, go check it out!








Now, on to my top 5 verses, this is going to be really hard, but we're going to attempt it. 


5)

Philippians 4:6-8

6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
  

Like I've said before, I struggle with fear, but anytime I feel fearful I try to quote these verses. I have committed these verses to memory, because I have quoted them so many times. LOL


4) Titus 2:13


13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

This verse really helps me to stay focus on where I am going, instead of the my problems. Though I don't think of it as often as I should, I try to think about heaven and where I am going more than my problems in the here and now.

 
3) Psalms 34:4


I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

I pretty much have already talked about this verse, so we are going to keep moving on. 


2) Romans 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 

This verse is the verse I use when we sign each other's notebooks at the end of camp. I call this my "life verse" I feel that it's so powerful. I can't tell you exactly what I love about it, but I just know that I love it... MOVING ON!

1) 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

 1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
 
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It would make sense this would be the top on my list. This is what makes me who I am. Without the gospel, our life would be in vain. We wouldn't have ANY hope for anything. We would be miserable.


I hope you all enjoyed this shorter post. It helps you guys know who is writing to you. It makes me feel more like a person. XDDD I have no idea that means, please forgive me for the bizarre way that this is written. I am going to wrap it up here. BYE GUYS!! See you next week! 


Today's Encouraging Quote:  

Faith tells me that no matter what lies ahead of me, God is already there. - Unknown


Today's Bible Verse:


5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. - Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) 

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91