Wednesday, October 9, 2019

God Is Making Masterpieces Out of Messes

HOUZE IS HERE! WHAT DO YOU HEAR!?

"Yep, Houze is here alright."

Yeah, I need to sell my cell.

"What are are you even talking about?"

I want to go see the sea!

"What does that have to do with selling your cell?"

I'm not exactly sure, but I do know I want to buy a pair of pears!

"We're done with you, Houze. Goodbye!!"

No, wait! Don't say bye, but please help me buy my pears!

:Walks away, whispering: "She always has something up her sleeve!"

__________________________________________________________________



I heard this quote recently from a sermon I was listening to."God is making masterpieces out of messes." I really struck me; I guess I never really thought of it that way before. Let me tell you, my life hasn't always been pretty. I've stumbled along the way, and if you're honest, you have too.

The great thing is, God can still make you into something that is useful and pleasant. That's if you allow Him. It's like the clay and potter analogy, found in Jeremiah 18:2-4 and 6.

2) Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3) Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it

6) O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.


It's amazing that a potter can take a lump of clay, which otherwise may be useless, and make it into something useful. That's exactly what God wants to do with us - make us into something that's useful to Him.

We see that the Apostle Paul tells Timothy something very similar, in 2 Timothy 2:20-21.

20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21) If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

God is willing to use you, if you allow Him no matter how big of a mess you've made in your life. God is only looking for a man or woman who will allow Him to make and shape them for His use. It may take some fire, molding, and scraping, but in the end it's what He wants. He has a vessel of honor. 

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. - Isaiah 64:8

It's not about about living a perfect life, something I've struggled with, but it's more about living a clean life that's always willing to be used. 

Think about it, we often use the clean dishes, we don't use the dirty ones. However, at some point all dishes get dirty and they need cleaned. This is where you apply 1 John 1:9, which says:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

It's as simple as that! Confessing, that's you've made a mess. Then, He is the one who cleans us from that mess. It's a great feeling when He cleanses you. 

That being said, He's making masterpieces out of messes. We're not perfect and aren't going to be, but we can choose to live a clean life. A life that is separate from the world.  A life that is honorable and pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ. That's what I strive for in my life. That's what I want . 

I want to be God's masterpiece and hope you do to. 

_______________________________________________________________ 

That is all for today guys! I hope you all enjoyed this post. I definitely enjoyed writing this one! I'll see you all next week! :Wakes violently: 


Today's Encouraging Quote: 

He loves me [you] despite the fact that I fail Him everyday. - BibleStickies (Tumbler)


Today's Bible Verse:


And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.  - Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91