Thursday, March 8, 2018

1 Timothy 4:12

Hey guys!

Welcome to theeeeee-
I don't even know anymore. *Looks*

...

*Counts*

...Seeeeventh post in our #FocusingOnGod month!

Today's verse is going to be based off of 1 Timothy 4:12! It's a really great verse, that should speak to a lot of us today. 

Let's get started!

---


I really have just gotten used to being treated like a four year old in everything related to church. No one at church has ever acted like they looked at me as a young lady, or anybody special, really. No one talks to me.

I've gotten used to this, and pretty much just convinced myself that I am just some little kid, and I won't be able to do anything significant until I'm older.

For some reason, everyone at church seems to treat me like this. This one lady at church always talks in a kiddish voice to me, and says, "Awh!! Sweet girl!"

Yeah, it's pretty funny, but it's just really annoying when pretty much everyone treats you this way.

Honestly, I'm still not sure how to get people to not do this to me. It really just discourages me.

But for everyone near my age (middle/high school), I think we all go through this thing where we think that we're too young to do anything. We'll just have to wait until we're older. But in God's eyes, that's not true. And we shouldn't let people say that's true.

But the thing is, I was wondering what I could do at my age, that would somehow impact people, and glorify God. That's when I'm pretty sure I got more serious about Christian music.

Currently I'm praying about finding someone who could give me guitar lessons, but at the moment I'm just enjoying learning about Christian music itself.

Playing music just seems like a career you would have when you're an adult, but I realized that almost every Christian artist got their start when they we're young. I once read that Phil Wickham, a Christian artist, started leading worship at church when he was twelve years old.

That's something I would love to ask him. Just how did his church react to something like that? Someone who was probably a little kid in the eyes of a lot of people, was up on stage leading worship.

This should be an encouragement for all of us, to dream a little bigger, and chase after the passions that God has given us. It's never too early to start chasing after them now, and praying for your future.

1 Timothy 4:12 says,

-

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

-

Even when you start chasing after your passions, or praying about your future, don't let anyone look down on you. If whatever your passion is, is from God, you're doing the right thing, and nobody has the right to look down on you, or tell you that you can't do it. Instead, set an example for them in the way you talk, the way you love, the way you live, and in everything you do.

And Philippians 4:13 says,

-

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

-

With God, anything is possible, and we have to believe that.

Chasing after your passions that God has given you might seem risky, and it might be scary to see what people will say, but if we're doing this for God, it will all be worth it in the end. People might say we're too young, we're not good enough, we'll never be able to do it, but those are all lies from the enemy. He just wants us to think that so God won't get the glory in His plans for us.

So, chase after your passions. Do what God wants you to do. It will all be worth it in the end.

~Graciepopstar91

2 comments:

  1. That is very true, you are never to young to do anything you love or want to do even if people tell you other wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Gracie! ;)

    I totally get what you mean and sometimes feel the same way. I’m incredibly grateful that my church allows 12 year olds and up to volunteer in the church, it makes teens feel important. Sure, I sometimes feel a bit underestimated in the nursery I volunteer in. But it’s been getting better as I’ve been learning and growing. ;)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91