Sunday, March 4, 2018

"No Matter How It Ends, You're With Me Even Then"

Hi, guys! Welcome to post number three in the #FocusingOnGod month!

Today's post, is going to be a post I stole! :D Isn't that awesome? :D

...

Okay not really, I stole the beginning part from myself, hehe! I had a few sentences of this post written on my Flaming Arrow blog, but never finished it. I pretty much only kept one sentence in this post, but..

Speaking of my Flaming Arrow blog, I had a really hard time logging into my FlamingArrow account to get to the post draft... Are any of you guys having problems signing into any other Google accounts you have? Orr is it just my laptop? Which very well could be the problem. XD

Anywho, let's jump into today's post, which is entitled "No Matter How It Ends, You're With Me Even Then". It's going to be based off of the song, Even Then, by Micah Tyler! It's also going to be more like the posts you'll see on my Flaming Arrow For Jesus blog. ^.^ (Which I really need to post on..)

---

Photo credit: Micah Tyler
When things come up in our lives, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It can sometimes feel like we'll never get out of the mess we're in.

No matter what we do, this thing in our life seems to never go away. It just hangs there like a cloud. Whether that's anxiety, depression, or just a really difficult friend situation. Every morning we wake up, and the cloud's hanging over us. Every night we lay down, and it's still there.

I was in that situation for a really long time, dealing with anxiety. It was ongoing, every day, for almost two years. It was a really hard time, and I was certain I would never get through it. No matter how hard I tried, no matter what I did, the cloud was just constantly over me. I was pretty much convinced that it would stay that way all my life.

Then one small thing happened.

Something small, that I'm sure everyone would say God would never used.

Someone brought to our Friday night Bible study, a catalog.

GAAAAAAAASP

Hehehe, it sounds really dumb, but God can use silly little things like that to get our attention.

On the catalog, was a book that sounded interesting to me. It was called Goliath Must Fall, by Louie Giglio. I remembered my dad mentioned how Louie battled anxiety for a time in his life, so I thought Goliath Must Fall must have something to do with that.

For some reason, I felt like I just had to get this book. When we were coming back home from Bible study, I read a few paragraphs in the book, and I just knew it. I had to get this.

My mom bought it for me a day or so later, and I believe a few days after that, I found the website for Louie's church.

One night, my mom said that she wanted us to do a family devotional. I had noticed that Louie had a sermon series that was on the website to his church, that was also called Goliath Must Fall, so I mentioned that we could do that.

We did, and after we kept watching Louie's sermon series', and I kept reading Goliath Must Fall, my anxiety just seemed to drift away. It wasn't some instant thing, no, it was just a process. A process I'm still going through today. But, I feel like now that I'm actually reading God's Word, and constantly being encouraged by Louie's sermons, my anxiety isn't nearly as bad.

When my anxiety started up two years ago, was during the time we went to Disneyland. I had the worst panic attack, and really couldn't enjoy myself the whole time. I barely even ate when we went there.

But, we just went back to Disneyland in November, and I didn't have any panic attacks or anything. That was a huge step for me. It was almost like God showing me that my anxiety is over. It's done.

Of course, I still get anxiety every now and then about little things. Like I said above, it's a process that I'm still going through.

You might be going through the same thing. But, through it all, God's with us. No matter what we walk through in life, God's right in front of us, leading the way, getting us through whatever situation we're in. Psalm 23:4 says,

-

Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
23:4 Or the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

-

It's amazing to think how Jesus Christ, the God of the universe, the same God who spoke the earth into being, who knit me together in my mother's womb (Psalm 139:13) is leading and guiding us. That should give us great peace.

No matter how it ends, even when the situation you're in looks dark, God is with us. If the situation you're in doesn't end up the way you would like it to, God can use it for your good, and His glory.

---

~Graciepopstar91



#FocusingOnGod

2 comments:

  1. This is very relatable, I had those lyrics playing in my head while reading the post:
    And if I ever lose my way,
    And if I ever go astray,
    Show me direction,
    Show me the way...
    (And of course it's another song by the Cranberries)
    This Januray was probably the worst month I've ever had; School started, therefore we had tons of homework, I hardly got to use the computer and talk to you guys, and what saddened me the most was the death of Dolores O'Riordan, singer of the Cranberries.
    I really like that kind of posts, they're the reason I like this blog so much!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91