Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Finding Issac's Future Wife, Part 1! (In Which It Is Discovered That I Draw Camels Way Better Than People.)

Helloooooooo, JAMMERZZZZ!

😆 Karalee here! *waves*



Since the month of March will be completely Christian-centric for the Animal Jam Friendship Community, my usual art posts would be out of order. I'll admit I was at a loss as to what I should do, I'm not the greatest at typing up posts without any art in them to talk about. I mentioned that I was feeling stuck to my blog-friends, and in a flash of inspiration, Sarahkey8 suggested that I could draw Bible scenes!

And so I shall. 😊 Thank you, Sarah, you have saved my tail -- and my posts!



This week and the next will be the sketch and final version (respectively) of this scene from Genesis, where a servant of Abraham's (who is never called by name) is sent back to the land Abraham came from to find a wife for his son, Issac!




10 Then the servant left, taking with him ten of his master’s camels loaded with all kinds of good things from his master. He set out for Aram Naharaim[b] and made his way to the town of Nahor. 11 He had the camels kneel down near the well outside the town; it was toward evening, the time the women go out to draw water.
12 Then he prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”
15 Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milkah, who was the wife of Abraham’s brother Nahor. 16 The woman was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever slept with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again.
17 The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.”
18 “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink.
19 After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20 So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the well to draw more water, and drew enough for all his camels. 21 Without saying a word, the man watched her closely to learn whether or not the Lord had made his journey successful.
22 When the camels had finished drinking, the man took out a gold nose ring weighing a beka[c] and two gold bracelets weighing ten shekels.[d]23 Then he asked, “Whose daughter are you? Please tell me, is there room in your father’s house for us to spend the night?
24 She answered him, “I am the daughter of Bethuel, the son that Milkah bore to Nahor. 25 And she added, “We have plenty of straw and fodder,as well as room for you to spend the night.”
26 Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, 27 saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.”

So there's... wait... my font's stuck.

*attempts to fix it*

What?? But that's different! How do I make it go back?

Oh well. This works, I guess.

So there's your background... ten camels kneeling by the well, an unnamed servant, and a very kind girl willing to go above and beyond the call of duty for those ten thirsty camels. (They can drink a LOT of water!!)

Here's the sketch!

Camel 1: "Ooh, a butterfly!"
Camel 2: "Hey, what's that girl doing?"
(Sit down, you guys, you're supposed to be kneeling, remember?)
Camel 3: "Move over, I can't see what's happening!"
Camel 4: *gasp* "She's gonna give us water, guys! WATER!"
Camel 5: "Ooooooo, a well. I wonder what's at the bottom." (He is clearly not the sharpest camel in the drawer.)
Camel 6: "You are my new favorite person, Nice Water Girl."
Camel 7: *is on the verge of realizing what's going on*
Camel 8 looks more like "Pig 1" than Camel 8. I think he needs a redraw.
Camel 9: *has already realized what's going on and is giving Nice Water Girl a big, camel-y grin*
Camel 10 has big ears. And is crammed in there at a weird angle as a result of me running out of space.
Rebekah is holding a water jug that looks suspiciously like a scaled-up decorative vase.
Mister Unnamed Servant of Abraham looks downright creepy. ...Maybe I should just draw camels from now on. Hmmm, my new series could be "The Bible From a Camel's Point of View"!

Rebekah and Mister Unnamed Servant of Abraham need to have properly-researched clothing by the finished version... assuming anyone actually knows what clothes looked like back then. Does anyone have any good historical resources for that?? Please leave 'em for me in the comments if you do! 😃 
*does an impression of one of those Uncle Sam posters*
I
NEED
YOU
*jabs a giant finger at readers*
TO MAKE THIS PIECE OF ART BETTER
TODAY!

Seriously, if you do leave me any links, thank you!! 😁💗

That's all I've got for this week -- I gotta go re-tumble the laundry I left to wrinkle in the dryer. (Bother! I have the feeling I may get in a bit of trouble for that. Wasted electricity and all.

See you next time, guys! *waves* Bye!

PEACE!
LOVE!
NINJAAAAAAAS!

(Font?? Wut r u doin?? Help me Tech Support.. Ack)



(DXplorergirl)

13 comments:

  1. I loved this post, Kara!! :D It's so cool seeing a Bible story drawn out.

    Hey, if you want a real challenge, you could draw the Tent Of Meeting, XDDD There's tons of chapters with just measurements on it. XD

    Hm. I don't know of any historical resources like that. I wonder if my dad would know. I'd have to ask him.

    Awesome post, Kara! I can't wait to see the finished drawing!

    Remember, God made YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And oh noes, the font style glitch DX I hate it when that happens to me. XD It's like there's some background filler thing, and I don't think there's an option to make it transparent. Bloggeeeeer XDD

      Remember, God made YOU!

      Delete
    2. Oh, wow, that WOULD be a real challenge! I've read those chapters before, and I had such a hard time visualizing it that I've considered looking up someone else's artist rendering to help. XD Not sure if I'm up to drawing one myself yet. Thanks for the suggestion though! :D That DOES sound very cool.

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  2. Hmm.. you could look in like those pictured bible books? (Answers in Genesis might have something) I have no idea XD

    I CANT WAIT FOR THE FINISHED DRAWING :O (I loved how you narrated what the camels are doing XDD) IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO MORE uhm CAMEL STUFF
    Maybe Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus escaping to Egypt? :D
    Can't wait till its done ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, yeah, AiG! =D I totally forgot about them -- they have all kinds of great resources!

      Ohh, YES! :D :D More camels! XD

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  3. This is seriously amazing! I love all your art, Kara!

    Hehe, the camels are TOO CUTE. AHH. XDDF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, Lost! C:

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  4. Love the art! It's so cool and I love those adorable camels!!!!!! Bet it'll be better when it is done! Also.... bad font bad!!!! Why do you do this nooooo!!!!!!
    Purplesnowie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too! :D

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  5. Awesome art, those camels are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW hehe!! Those camels are the best!
    And this was an awesome idea! Great job to you and Sarah both!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91