Wednesday, October 10, 2018

There's Power in the Word (Part 4)

Hello, everybody!

"Hey, Houze!" (by the way, this is my new nickname - thanks to Binx1184, since my sister is considered House, or Housey)

How are you doing today?

"Okay."

I am glad to hear that! :Smiles widely:

:Silence:

"Okay, well can you move now Houze?"

Why, yes, I may, but first I must ask a question...

"Okay? Go on..."

Why does it rain?

"Uhm, that's weird. Why do you ask that?

No reason. There's just a huge washing machine in the ocean. It's soooo soapy. They even named it, Micheal!

"Houze, that's a hurricane, and it's not funny."

I know, but I couldn't think of anything else for my intro.

"Okay, well, step up your game then. Get ideas from your sister." :Whispers: "She has better intros anyways."

__________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I would like to start this post off by asking for prayer for the people who are in the path of the hurricane. It continues to intensify as we type/read. It's going to be affecting people, who are not prepared for it, since it has intensified when they thought it was going to decrease. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and possibly the Carolinas, will be be effected. Just please be in prayer for those people, including us.

So on to today's post! As you can see by the lovely title...humph, I need to make them more interesting...Okay, moving on. So, I can't believe, we are on part 4 already. It seems like yesterday I was made an author, let alone making multiple posts already!

Anyway, today we are going to be going through Psalms 119:25-32.

25) My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.

26) I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes.

27) Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.

28) My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

29) Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.

30) I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

31) I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.

32) I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

Today's power verse is going to be...




































ALMOST







































SOOO CLOSE
















VERSE
























30!




Okay, so I picked verse 30. I was really tossed up between this verse and verse 28, but I liked this one a little bit more. 

As Christians we have chosen the way of truth. We have believed the truth that is found with the Bible. We believe that Jesus Christ came, died, and rose again the third day for our sins, because of the truth that is contained within the Bible. 

However, the author of this Psalm makes it personal. He doesn't say "Israel has chosen the way truth: the judgments have we laid before us." He makes it personal by saying I and me. Yes, Christians that have accepted the gift of Jesus Christ have chosen the truth, but why don't we go a step further?

Why don't we say, "I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me." It's so easy to say we believe the truth, but when it comes to living it is typically a different story. Now I get it, we fail. I FAIL, but we should be trying to walk in God's truth as Psalms 26:3 states,


"For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth."
 

The Bible is really the only true thing we have because it's the only thing that will last forever. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, and Luke 21:33 This world doesn't last forever. "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." - Revelation 21:1




The Bible is our truth to live by. We are can trust it, because God said it, who is not a liar. In Numbers 23:19, we see this. "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

So, believe your Bible. Walk out what you believe, because it's worth it. Being a Christian is someone you are, not something you do. It's something you live, not something you be. I am a Christian because I have a relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm not a Christian because I go to church, or be a good person. It's necessary, to be trusting in Jesus Christ as YOUR Savior. 

I would like to say this, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior yet and would like to do so. 

1) You must ADMIT that you're a sinner. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned , and come short of the glory of God;" We are all sinners and in need of a Savior, we are in a sin sick state. Jesus Christ is the Doctor, the Physician, that can connect us back to God, wiping away our sins, like they were not even there.

2) You must BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 15:3 and 4 it says; "..how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" This is what you believe Jesus Christ did, for you, so that your sins could be forgiven. 

3) You must CONFESS Christ as your personal Savior. Romans 10:9 through verse 13 tell us this; "

9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

We confess with our mouth by praying. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and would like to. Just ask Him to save you the best way you know how, maybe something like this. 

"Dear Lord Jesus, 
I know that I am a sinner. I know that I am on my way to hell, but I'm putting my trust in you. I believe that you died for my sins, was buried, and rose again the third day. I am asking you to save me and become my Savior today.
In Jesus name, I pray, Amen" 

I hope that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior already, but if you haven't you can today! Don't wait, please. 

________________________________________________________________  


That's it today guys! Thank you so much for reading! I don't have a challenge for you this week, just keep working on the previous 3 challenges:

1) Write one thing God has done for you. 
2) Try to read at least a chapter a day.
3) Pray at least 5 minutes before starting to read your Bible.   

Today's Encouraging Quote: 
Let God have your life He can do more with it than you can. - Dwight L Moody  

Today's Bible Verse: 

21) For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22) But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23) For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: - Philippians 1:21-23

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

 

5 comments:

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91