Wednesday, October 24, 2018

There's Power in The Word (Part 5)

:Slience:

"Where's Houze today, she's late for her post."

:A box falls from the sky:

:Jumps out of the box: Hello guys! It's so great to see you today!

"Wow! You get crazier by the moment."

Why, thank you! You all are so kind!

"That wasn't a compliment Houze..."

Well I took it as one, so it is!

"Yep she has lost it"

__________________________________________________________________

Hello guys! I am so glad you joining me in another TPITW post! I love writing these posts and I hope you enjoy reading them! By this time we are just over 1/5 of the way done. Yes, I've decided to do 23 parts. 😜

Without further ado let's get started!

Psamls 119:33-40 (KJV) 

33) Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.

34) Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

35) Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

36) Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.

37) Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

38) Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.

39) Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.

40) Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

Okay, so after we've read that. Let me just tell you, this passage really spoke to me for many reasons, but I especially liked verse 37, because it seemed to fit so well in the world in which we live in. 

That being said....

















VERSE 37 is our Power Verse! 



 
We live in a time where there is vanity is everywhere we look, even to those who are sheltered. By sheltered I mean, not exposed to these things by either family members, friends, or school. We have these tiny little devices in our hands called, cell phones, tablets, or computers. They have the ability to expose us to vanity at the click of a button, whether we want to or not.

I find it very funny how we call these things "devices" every time in the Bible the word "device or devices" comes up it's in a bad context (Except 2 Chronicles 2:14; Ecclesiastes 9:10; which are 2 out of 26 times that it shows up).

Now, don't get me wrong these things can be used for good and are sometimes. However, there is also a lot of bad that can be done with them.

Vanity can be defined as simply going against what God commanded. I get this from 2 Kings 17:15 where it says. "And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity and became vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the LORD had charged them, that they should not do like them." 

This what got the nation of Israel in trouble. God had waned them in book of Deuteronomy, Chapter 8, verse 20. "As the nations which the LORD destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the LORD your God."

As Christians we are to be keeping our faces from the things that displease God. Many things displease God. It's sin that displeases God. We are to keep our eyes from sin as much as possible. Most of all, keep your live pure. I would encourage you to stay out of sin. 

Sin only lasts for a season, like Hebrews 11:25 says. "Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;" Which is talking about Moses not wanting to be called the son of Pharoh's daughter in Egypt. By the way, Egypt is a type of the world in the Bible. I love how all these verses go together like a giant puzzle! 

The second part of this verse says "....and quicken thou me in thy way." This is what we are supposed to do instead of putting our eyes on vanity. 

Quicken can be defined as springing to life. 

We are to focus of walking in the way of life, which is walking according to the way of Jesus Christ. John 14:6 says that He is life. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

You may ask, "How do I know what the way of Jesus Christ is?" It's simple, it's found within Bible. The commandments, the prophets, the gospels. It's our answer. 



With all that being said! I guess we are done with today's post! Thank you all for reading. 

Challenge:
Be cautious of what you are clicking on while you're online. Evaluate what kind of friends you have. Are they like David and Jonathan where they encouraged each other to get closer to God, or do they pull you away from God? 

Today's Encouraging Quote: 

Your greatest message will be spoken by your life, NOT your lips. - Unknown

Today's Bible Verse: 

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. - John 14:3 (KJV)

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.


2 comments:

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91