Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Why So Dark?

BOO!

"Houze you didn't scare us!"

Well I tried. Give me a little credit?

"Yeah, I guess." :Whispers: "She couldn't scare a fly if her life depended on it."

That may be true, but I mean, whatever. You're right. I'm wr..wron...I can't say it...WRONG! :Goes in corner and cries:

 "It's okay, Houze. Trust me you don't need to be scary. It's actually better that you're not. I mean, have you seen Jamaa lately?"

"Yes, actually I have. It's quite disturbing."

"Yes, I know!"

_______________________________________________________________

Now, some of you are not going to agree with this post and that's fine. This is my personal conviction, if you haven't noticed yet, I am a Christian. I don't celebrate this dark time of year. Why? You may ask. Just think about the things that are celebrated this time of year. Here are a few reasons, why I don't condone the celebration of Halloween.

1)

On Halloween night, adults and children, go out and knock on people's doors asking for candy. The thing is these people are dressed up as something they're not. In the Bible, we call people who are acting/being someone they're not - a hypocrite.

Even out in the world, we are not allowed to act/be someone we're not. For example, you're not allowed to act like a doctor. If you do there are serious consequences.  So, why is it okay on Halloween to dress up like a doctor, police officer, or even an Disney character for that matter?

It's a plan to get you to act like something you're not. It's a trick, like we say as we walk from door-to-door.

2)





If you drive around town you'll probably see at least one person, who has decorated their house with spider webs, tomb stones, ghost, and devils. These are dark, dead things. In the Bible we see over and over again death, witches, and bad spirits, connected with Satan.

Examples:
1 Samuel 28, When Saul went to the witch of Endor, calling up Samuel's spirit.  By this time LORD has departed from Saul, back in chapter 16.

Luke 8, a man dwelt among the tombs, when he was full of devils



3)


On Halloween night we go from house to house, asking for candy, but we've always been taught not to take candy from strangers. This confuses a child."Mommy told me not to take candy from strangers, but on October 31st there's an exception."

When we tell our kids that it's okay to take candy on a special day is very dangerous. There are people out there who want to hurt kids. Now I am not saying everyone wants to, actually the good majority of people, don't harm the candy at all, but the thought is still there. Why would we risk taking candy from people, when we could go buy our own?

Not only that, but our kids, and the kids that look up to us, are confused. I have never really understood why it's ONLY OKAY to take candy from strangers on October 31st.


4) This is for the person who likes to study meaning behind things...hmm...me!



It all started with a group in modern day Ireland where they would celebrate what they called, Celtic festival of Samhain. This was a celebration of the seasons changing, from summer to winter. October 31st was their "New Year's Eve."  They believed that the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred, that the dead came back to the earth in the form of ghost. In order to "scare" the spirits away they would light a bonfire. It pretty much evolved from there. 

If this is how the celebration started, why should we celebrate it?


Another thing is the fact that 31 backwards is 13. After some studying the number 13 in the Bible represents "rebellion" That's why in the book of Judges there are 13 judges. Anyways, we know Satan likes to pervert things and he likes to do things backwards.


_________________________________________________________________

That's just my thoughts on Halloween. You can have your own opinion. This is just mine. Thank you all for reading. I truly do appreciate it!

Today's Encouraging Quote:
Without God your week is: 
Sinday
Mornday
Tearsday 
Wasteday
Thristday
Fightday
Shatterday
Seven days without God, makes one WEAK. - Unknown

Today's Bible Verse: 

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. - 1 Thessalonians 4:13 

Remember the best friend you have is, Jesus Christ

14 comments:

  1. Trick-or-Treating is just dangerous in general, sick people put poison (or sharp objects like glass shards) in the candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Sarah you're right! A few years ago, someone locally, actually put sewing needles in Rice Crispy Treats they had made! It's very dangerous, which is sad to say.

      Sorry, I deleted the previous comment because of typos! XDD

      Delete
  2. That's a cool quote, clever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found all my quotes online. I try to give the author credit, but unfortunately, most of the quotes I use don't have an author connected to them.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm.... I agree with Q, cool quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Violet! I am glad to see people with the same views as I. I was really hesitant to post a subject like this, but I felt that it was necessary.

      Delete
  4. I completely agree with you. I admit I used to celebrate Halloween. Here is why I don't now.
    A. My mom just found some interesting Bible verses against Halloween. ( is it bad if one of the suggested words on my phone was just hallmark when I was trying to type Halloween? I'm confused now...)
    B. I've grown out of it. As simple as that. It's hard to celebrate something that bores you.
    C. I got braces lately and now can't eat pretty much all candy. Why get candy that is gonna waste away all year until next Halloween.
    D. I don't really like candy. Before you...
    random person: ATTACK!!!!
    Eek!! : runs as fast as possible then sees the never before seen, commenter ( is it actually commentor?) portal. Jumps in it quickly:
    Army of pplz: where did the candy hater go? Oh well... :they walk away:
    :jumps out of portal:
    Anyways... before you attack again... I do like some candy but... I CANT EAT IT!!! Tootsie rolls are too sticky for my sensitive braces! Also, when we celebrated Halloween before ( now let me remind you, this was before I was a Christian and my parents didn't know it was a wicked day for all mankind and :cough cough: I'll stop now...) I would end up still having candy by the next year from Halloween. No srsly I mean it. Now anyways. Good bye!
    You are fearfully wonderfully made
    Purplesnowie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! We used to celebrate it to. I'm not offended about the whole candy. I honesty don't really care for candy. Now, I like candy, but I have to be in the mood for it. I rarely eat candy that is sticky like you said.

      Delete
  5. I COMPLETELY AGREE! Its an evil holiday with an evil meaning! It even started out as a pagan ( someone who is not a Christian, for those of you who don't know) holiday! The sad thing is, so many people are confused about it. CHURCHES even celebrate it! Our old church (The one church before the one we're at now) Did it!And i really like the quote thing at the end :)
    -partyon25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right about it starting off Pagan Holiday. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I loved this post. Maybe you can start a series of holidays and what they mean to Christians, if you know what I mean. If you did this, I'd love to see a Day of the Dead post. This has nothing to do with anything but oh well.
    *Binx1184

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you mean take a holiday let's say 4th of July, and apply that to Christians? If so, that sounds really cool Binx! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, especially holidays that may not seem like have a Christian part in it, if you know what I mean. (Ik it's just an example but not everyone, like Canadians that read this blog, celebrate 4th of July)
      *Binx1184

      Delete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91