Wednesday, November 21, 2018

There's Power In The Word (Part 7)

:Grabs guitar: 

Hey, guys! :Sings: 

"Houze..."

Yeeeessss?

"You gone off the deep end." 

Well, I thought I would try to entertain you, since my intros don't do the trick.

"Houze, your intros are fine..."

:Continues to sing: You may think that, but I love my guitar. 

"Oh Houze, you're bazaar."

Why, thank you! That is the nicest thing I've heard all day.

___________________________________________________________________

Okay, so this is going to be semi-short. I am not really trying to skimp on my posts, but it's been busy lately. So let's get right into the meat of the post, or should I say turkey? LOLOkay, enough jokes. 

49) Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.

50) This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

51) The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law. 

52) I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself.

53) Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.

54) Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.

55) I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.

56) This I had, because I kept thy precepts.

Today's Power Verse is going to be...

























































50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our comfort comes from Jesus Christ. He is our comforter. Where do we learn and see what He has to say, at? The Bible! The Bible is our comfort, yes, it can convict us and make us uncomfortable, but that's only because God loves us. 

Proverbs 3:11-12 -  

11) My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

12) For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
 
Or

Hebrews 12:11-
  
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Some verses on God or His word being your comfort:

Psalms 86:17- 

Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.

Isaiah 12:1- 

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Matthew 5:4-
 
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

John 14:26-

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

Romans 15:4- 

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 

1 Thessalonians 4:18-

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.


It's important to go to God when you're feeling down. He is the ultimate comforter. 

Sorry it's so short! I have to go...

______________________________________________________________________


 Today's Encouraging Quote: 
  
“We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts” - A.W. Tozer


Today's Bible Verse:
He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.- Luke 9:20 (KJV)
  
 
Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91