Wednesday, November 7, 2018

There's Power in The Word (Part 6)

:Obnoxious alarm goes off:

:Whispers: Guys, it's here!

:Pulls the covers over your head:

But guys!

"HOUZE GO TO BED!"

It's Wednesday!

"Yeah, but it's 5 o' clock in the morning!"

No, I have 6. :Shows watch:

"Yeah, it's called you forgot to turn your clock back!"

I don't know what you're talking about.

"You know, fall you FALL back, spring you SPRING ahead?"

Hmm, nope!

:Takes watch off of arm:

Hey! That's my watch!

:Fiddles with it: "How do you change this thing?"

:Grabs it: What time is it?

"5:24 AM."

Are you sure?

"Yes, Houze! Just change it already!"

Alright, alright.

"Now I am going back to bed!"

But...BUT I've haven't wrote my post yet!

__________________________________________________________________


Okay. So we are getting into part 6 of our TPITW series! Since my intro was pretty long we are just going to get right into it, but before I do that. I have a prayer request. Starting today (November 7) until Sunday (November 11) our church is having a special meeting. We get to go to church EVERY NIGHT! I am so excited. God always teaches me something during these meetings. So just be in prayer that we listen to what God is trying to tell us during the next few days! Thank you!


Now, let's get into Psalms 119:40-48 (KJV)

41) Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation according to thy word. 

42) So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. 

43) And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments. 

44) So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever. 

45) And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. 

46) I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed. 

47) And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved. 

48) My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; an I will meditate in thy statutes. 


Now, really this passage goes together really well as a whole, (Not that a verse stands alone in a chapter, because it doesn't). I am going to touch on a few verses instead of one, like we usually do.

This is great passage and I'm not just saying that just because. It truly is! These verses really go together to show the Christian that we really shouldn't be afraid to speak to people about our beliefs. 

We see in verse 42, someone is reproaching the author. However they have an answer, from the Bible, why? It's simple! They believe the Bible! In 2 Peter 3:15 we are told;

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

As Christians, we should be able to tell freely what we believe. Where our hope comes from if and when someone asks. Now yeah, we may not be able to answer ALL of their questions, but we should try. We should know something about who God is. Where our peace comes from. How we walk with Christ in our hearts from day-to-day, and how the person you are talking to can receive Christ themselves. 

Verse 43, we can make a practical application. We shouldn't allow the people who approach us to "take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth" 

Sometimes we take the words of people to heart. Sometimes we do we're crazy for getting excited when a prayer answer, or when we pray over our food. However, people are going to people. They don't have the peace and love we do. They understand the things of God like we do. 1 Corinthians 2:14 talks about the "natural man," or the unsaved man.  

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

We should not allow other people discourage us from speaking up. We can't let them take the word of truth (the Bible) from us. 



I could go on and on about about 44, 45, 47, and 48, but I've already covered about the topic of commandments, law, and precepts in Part 3

I do want to talk about verse 46 though! Now, you may see a word in there that we've studied in Part 1. I hope you see that all these parts tie together as they make one complete chapter. Anyway, so that word is "testimonies" as I've said before these are things God has done for you. 

 Don't be ashamed or afraid of telling people about the things God has done for you! Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, said MANY times he was not ashamed of the gospel.

Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." 

Romans 10:11 - "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

Philippians 1:20 -  "According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christa shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death."



As Christians, we should never be ashamed of the Lord Jesus Christ. He has done so much for us. There are people who need to hear the gospel. Tell somebody! That seems to wrap up this post. 

Challenge: 
Open a conversation with a family member or friend about something God has done for you recently. Present to them the gospel if they don't know. I know it can be intimidating, but just try it. 




Last weeks challenge was to be cautious of who your friends are and of what you look at online. For this challenge I decided to step away from YouTube for a bit. Now, don't think I was doing anything wrong on there because I wasn't, but I did find myself being on there WAY TOO MUCH! So, I really put a limit on it. Since, I have. I have so much more time to do other things! I had no idea how much time I actually spent on YouTube! 

 Today's Encouraging Quote: 
We like to spend time doing stuff.
The bad, the good. 
The weak, the strong. 
We think all hope is lost and seem to be misunderstood.
However, God has given a wonderful song.
The poor, the rich.
The girl, the boy. 
Even when you've found yourself in a ditch.
God is there to pick you up and give you great joy. 
The lie, the truth.
The separated, the united. 
You've been ruined by the things of your youth. 
To heaven, by God, you've been invited. 
The blind, the seeing.
The woman, the man.
They're living their life in fear and fleeing. 
However, Jesus came to lay out a perfect salvation plan. 
Though this life is tough. 
There is One who promises that He'll always be near, 
and He is more than enough. 

- A Poem written by Housemom322, called God Is Enough.

Today's Bible Verse:
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. – Joshua 1:9 (KJV)


By the way, I made a new signature for my Christian posts...here it is!
Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91