Wednesday, June 5, 2019

What Is Your Desire?







__________________________________________________________________


This is something I've been thinking about for a while now. I am often asked, "What do you want to be after school?", or  I'm told, "You only have 2 more years before you're an adult."

Those statements bring fear within me. Why? Well, it's going to be here before I know it, and I have no idea what I want to do, or what God wants for me. I want to be a missionary, an author, a teacher, an artist, but they all seem so far fetched for me. I don't know what I desire to be or do, and I still have time to think about it.

BUT...

THERE

IS

ONE

THING

THAT

I

DO

DESIRE

THE

MOST...



To be pleasing to my Saviour Jesus Christ! I pray all the time, "Lord what is it that you want me to do?" That's not a bad thing to pray and you should. However, I've got this answer many times...


Just do what you can now. Don't worry about the future, because it's in My hands. Trust Me child.

I've prayed many times, "Okay, Lord I will do that." In doing that, He has given me so many opportunities to serve Him, one of which is becoming an author! I've served in the Nursery at my church, where I've been able to deal with kids. Which was a huge thing for me. This coming Monday through Wednesday, I am helping with Vacation Bible School (VBS), and I get to be an assistant to the 3rd and 4th graders.

I say all that to say this one thing, what you want to be or do, bring it to God. He'll lead you and shape you into the way you need to go. It may not be the way you desired, but one thing is true. If you follow Him; He'll always lead you in the perfect way. You'll see Him move in ways, that are unexplainable. I know I have.


The Bible says,

Psalms 37:4 - Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

The key is to delight yourself in the Lord. If you are trying to be pleasing to Him and seeking righteousness, then He'll lead you in path that you've desired. This whole passage deals with trusting the Lord, not "fretting," and the difference between those who are wicked and those who seek righteousness. 

The main thing in this life is to do what you do, for God! Now, I know not everyone is a Christian, but this is for those that are. I've learned a lot over the last few months. That's not to boast, but it's to glorify my God! He will lead you where He wants you. It's about waiting on Him, leaning, and learning of Him. 

So, I ask you today, what do you desire? Bring it to God and see what he does with the desire you have. Whether you get what you desire or not, you'll be where He wants you to be if you follow Him, and you'll be rewarded for it one day. 

__________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry this is a shorter post, but I would like for you to think about that question this week. I am sure most of you are probably younger that me, so you still have time, but it's never too early to start bringing your desires to God. 


Today's Encouraging Quote: 

Use me, God. Show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a greater purpose than myself. - Martin Luther King Jr. 

Today's Bible Verse: 

The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.- Lamentations 3:25 (KJV)

Remember, the best friend you have is Jesus Christ.
 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Also I just scrolled at this post again, and thought your pet egg was a watermelon for a second before I realized it was an egg XD

      Delete
    2. Lol, it does look a watermelon. I didn't even plan it that!

      Delete
  2. Well, just keep thinking about it, you have time!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91